Your paper should outline, examine, and critically analyze key components of the issue/topic, including:
• The issue and its context. What is the issue? Why is this issue important? How did we get here? What are the causes of and contributing factors to the issue? Consider environmental, social, and economic aspects of the issue.
• The complexity of the issue. What are the challenges associated with the issue (i.e. why can’t we just solve it now?)? Discuss the players/stakeholders involved (e.g. levels of government, public, companies, industry, NGOs, etc.) and their varying perspectives (e.g. competing values and agenda; conflict between environmental, social, and economic goals). Explore the complexity of the issue. Provide examples to illustrate your discussion.
• Barriers and opportunities. What opportunities are there to move toward sustainability? Discuss the strengths (or lack thereof) of stakeholders and processes to address the challenges. Anything that could be an asset or a barrier for the stakeholders/processes could be considered strengths or weaknesses (e.g. knowledge, resources, logistics/red tape, worldview, etc.).
You should draw upon a range of sources (journal articles, books, possibly newspapers and/or the web) and include your own critical analysis based on what you have learned from the course and your own research.
An introduction and conclusion should be included in your paper, and it should be written in third person. You may use headings throughout to help organize your paper.
*An environmental sustainability issue is slightly different than a purely environmental one. Look back to the definition of environmental sustainability and notice that human and ecological needs are considered.
environmental sustainability and notice that human and ecological needs are considered.
Research Paper Specifications
Your research paper should adhere to the following specifications. Failure to follow these instructions and the above criteria will result in mark deductions. Please read carefully!
1. Your term paper should be double-spaced with one-inch margins and 12-point font (Times New Roman or Arial are acceptable font styles).
2. Please include a title page with the following information: title of your paper, date, course, name of student, student number, seminar number. ** Use the title page format for “Student” in the APA guidelines (i.e., you don’t need a running head or author note).
3. Number every page of the paper including your title page.
4. Your paper should be approximately 6-7 pages in length (excluding your title page, any figures/images/diagrams if including, and references).
5. All figures and tables should be properly formatted and labelled, if applicable. Figure captions should appear below a figure while table captions should appear above the table. All sources of figures and tables must be cited appropriately both in-text and in your references page.
6. Although you may include references from selected tertiary sources (i.e., textbooks, grey literature), you are required to use at least six (6) peer-reviewed journal articles in your paper. In addition, you may also wish to use websites; however, these must be credible and reputable sources (e.g., government website, Statistics Canada, UN website, etc.). In academic assignments, Wikipedia/blogs are NOT considered acceptable sources.
7. All references in the paper must be cited appropriately and consistently. Please adhere to the APA referencing style. Please avoid the use of footnotes.
8. If you are paraphrasing material in the course notes that came from another source, you must note this in your in-text citation: (Author of other source, year, as cited in Janzen Neufeld, 2021). You only need to include the reference for the course notes in your reference list (unless you went to the original source and read it – then only cite the original source).
Introduction/Conclusion (3 marks)
• Clear introduction, including purpose and structure of paper.
• Clear conclusion; provides final thoughts about the issues and concepts discussed
Content (20 marks)
• Relevant topic chosen, related to the course.
• Adequately describes environmental issue, its significance, causes and contributing factors.
• Adequately describes various stakeholders involved and their perspectives, as well as challenges in addressing
• Adequately describes opportunities to move toward sustainability, strengths and weaknesses of the processes and people involved.
• Clear use of examples to enhance impact of paper
Analytical Depth and Quality of Academic Research (20 marks)
• Critically considers different viewpoints of the environmental issue, its challenges and complexities (e.g. competing agendas, differing values, etc.).
• Critically considers environmental, economic, and social aspects of issue.
• Effectively applies concepts from course material and uses key concepts to build discussion and analysis.
• Clear evidence of academic research. Rationale, ideas, and viewpoints supported by relevant sources.
• At least 6 peer-reviewed sources used; a range of sources used.
Academic Integrity (6 marks)
• All non-original content is cited.
• Content from other sources properly paraphrased or formatted if direct quote within text-citation.
(Will be upload on Turnitin)
Communication of Ideas (3 marks)
• Clear structure and organization of paper; flows logically.
• Clear writing style; thoughts are expressed coherently.
• Use of third person.
Presentation and Mechanics (3 marks)
• Creative, unique, and relevant title. Title page contains all elements.
• Compliance with font and page-margin requirements.
• Paper follows APA formatting guidelines.
• References and in-text citations follow APA formatting guidelines.
• Accurate spelling and grammar.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more