States of Matter
1) Open the States of Matter Interactive Simulation found in the Syllabus and Study Guide under the Unit
2) Start this exercise by clicking on “States” when prompted.
3) Select “Gas” from the menu at the right (below “solid” and “liquid”).
4) Drag and hold the “cool” to remove heat from the Neon sample in the container until you reach 0K.
5) Describe what you see as the sample is cooled:
6) Add heat to the Neon sample in the container by dragging and holding the “heat.” Increase the
temperature of the gas until a change occurs to the container (this will be a very obvious change, but
will take several minutes to occur).
7) Describe what “big” change happened to the container.
8) Click the “reset” button in the lower right corner to bring the container and its contents back.
9) From the menu of gases in the upper right, do the same for Argon, Oxygen and Water.
a. Observe gas particles’ behavior.
b. Switch between the different particles and talk about the similarities and differences that you see
between the heavier and lighter particles.
c. Use the simulation to see how changing the temperature affects the behavior of the gas particles.
d. Write a description for a gas based on your observations; include screenshots to help with your
description (clicking “pause” to the left of the heating mantle will help you secure good action
shots). Be detailed in your descriptions and relate it to the Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases.
You can take screenshots by selecting the three vertical dots in the bottom right hand corner of
the simulation screen and then selecting “Screenshot.” A screenshot will be downloaded to your
browser which you can save to your computer.
SCREENSHOT OF GAS AT 0 K
SCREENSHOT OF GAS AT 325 K
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more