1. What are examples of biological, psychological, and sociological factors that may affect criminal behavior. What kind of criminal behavior might result from each of these factors?
2. Watch the “Victims” video, located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings National Institute of Justice (1990). Victims (29 mins) [Video file], Academic Video Online.
Discuss the following with the class: In the video, Wanda Melton says, “The criminal, as far as I’m concerned, has more rights at this point than the victim and has always had [more rights].” How do some victims continue to suffer even after justice has been served?
3. Watch the “Neighborhood Safety” video, located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. National Institute of Justice (1990). Neighborhood Safety (30 mins) [Video file], Academic Video Online.Discuss the following with the class: What are some of the less obvious ways increased police presence in a neighborhood increases safety?
4. Watch the “Psychology, Criminality & Incarceration in America” video, located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. National Institute of Justice (1990). Neighborhood Safety (30 mins) [Video file], Academic Video Online.Discuss the following with the class: How is prison often like a revolving door? Why are repeat incarcerations likely for an individual?
5. Do you think the Restorative Justice Model works with all kinds of offenders, including violent and repetitive offenders, or is the model better suited for only specific types of offenders? What type of offenders would be better served by this model?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more