Author an outline of how to identify each of the molecules above in about 3-6 sentences. Be specific in what you would look for in each spectrum to distinguish the unlabeled chemicals and also how each spectrum would provide support for each identification. Also, identify anything that would stop you from making a unique, positive identification of any of the chemicals. You may also use your knowledge of other tests or chemistries to help ID these chemicals
Provide an identification scheme for an aromatic aldehyde
Provide an identification scheme for a ketone
Provide an identification scheme for an alcohol
Provide an identification scheme for a carboxylic acid
Provide an identification scheme for an alkene
Provide an identification scheme for an alkane
Please view the attached missing label spectrum and match it to each unlabeled chemical.
For each chemical, Complete the provided table with 3 Major IR peaks, Explain why the spectra belongs with the chemical and answer the following question “Did the spectra you picked match your initial description?”
1. Were there any compounds that you could not positively ID based on the materials and instruments you had available to you? Explain if needed.
2. A Bunsen burner was available, explain how it did or did not help with identification.
3. Explain your thoughts on whether or not using solely IR is a good method to make positive IDs of chemicals.
4. How would you use IR to distinguish between liquid bromine (Br2) and gaseous hydrogen bromide (HBr)? Explain.
5. What, if any, precautions must you take when using salt plates for IR sample preparations?
6. Does water solubility help in your identification scheme? Explain.
7. One of Christina’s other employees allowed water to get into another chemical bottle containing an alkyne. Would this error affect the IR spectrum and ultimately the ID of the chemical? Explain.
8. A common experiment in organic chemistry labs involvs the dehydration of cyclohexanol (an alcohol) to form cyclohexene. Would infrared spectroscopy help determine if your reaction was successful? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more