Due Monday 14 February 2022
1. Which pairs of elements are likely to form ionic bonds (I) and which pairs are likely to
form covalent bonds (C)?
a. Carbon and hydrogen _____
b. Sodium and sulfur _____
c. Hydrogen and oxygen _____
d. Magnesium and bromine _____
2. Positively charged ions are called _______________________ and negatively charged
ions are called ______________________________
3. When the following atoms become ions what charges do they acquire?
a. Li _____
b. S _____
c. Ca _____
d. F _____
4. Write the ion symbol for the atom with the given number of protons and electrons.
a. Four protons and two electrons ______
b. 22 protons and 20 electrons _____
c. 16 protons and 18 electrons _____
d. 13 protons and 10 electrons _____
5. What element fits each description?
a. A period 2 element that forms a +2 cation _____
b. An ion from group 7A with 18 electrons ______
c. A cation from group 1A with 36 electrons _____
6. What noble gas has the same electronic configuration as each ion?
a. O2- _____
b. Mg2+ _____
c. S2- _____
d. Cl- _____
7. Write the chemical formula for an ionic compound composed of each pair of ions.
a. the sodium ion and the sulfur ion _______________________
b. the aluminum ion and the fluoride ion ___________________
c. the 3+ iron ion and the oxygen ion ______________________
d. the calcium ion and the nitrate ion ______________________
e. the magnesium ion and the carbonate ion _________________
8. The recommended dietary allowance for calcium for teenage children is 1,300 mg per
day. If a typical 8.0-fl oz glass of reduced-fat milk contains 298 mg of calcium, how
many fluid ounces of milk does a teenager need to drink to get the entire recommended
amount of calcium from this milk?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more