Directions: Please answer the following questions from the Lee et al. study (attached PDF). It is not required to cite the article, however if you cite outside material please use AMA style.
1. What makes the randomized controlled trial (RCT) the “gold standard” of study designs? What is the number 1 key feature that makes it the most robust design?
2. What was the main exposure and main outcomes in the study?
3. How many people were successfully recruited to participate in the study and how were they recruited?
4. What were the selection criteria for the people in the study? In other words, what characteristics did all of the people in the study have in common?
5. What does Table 1 tell us about the intervention group and the control group? Were they different or the same? How do you know?
6. Calculate the relative risk (Show your work and round your final answer to two (2) decimal places) of having a major cardiovascular event among those who were exposed to Vitamin E and among those who were not exposed. (Hint: you’re only calculating one statistic, which is the RR. See Table 2.) Does the relative risk you calculated match the relative risk reported in Table 2?
7. Table 3 shows the relative risks of cardiovascular disease and cancer according to baseline characteristics in the women’s health study. Was age an effect modifier in the relationship between Vitamin E and major cardiovascular events (assuming age was not a confounder)? How do you know whether age was an effect modifier or not based on the information presented in Table 3?
8. Write a conclusion for the relationship between Vitamin E and major cardiovascular event for people aged 65+ (See Table 3). Use the RR in your statement just like we have done previously.
9. Did the authors use intention-to-treat analysis or actual treatment received analysis? Why was it important to conduct the analysis in the way the authors chose? What did this type of analysis ensure for the researchers about any confounding variables?
10. Do you agree with the author’s conclusions about not recommending Vitamin E to healthy women? What group might benefit?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more