For this assignment, select a thought experiment that appeals to you from the list below. Describe this experiment in your paper, including its origin (who made it and why?), and the logic of the experiment (what is it supposed to teach?). Finally, explain what you personally learned by engaging in the thought experiment, and how you might use your new knowledge.
Pay careful attention to grammar and organization. Organize using paragraphs. Edit hard by reading aloud and/or sharing the work with someone else.
Choose oneof the following Thought Experiments to investigate:
· The Ship of Theseus (Plato): A thought experiment on the nature of identity.
· The Inverted Spectrum Problem (John Locke): A thought experiment on the nature of perception and reality.
· The Swamp Man (Donald Davidson): A thought experiment on the construction of meaning.
· The Prisoner’s Dilemma (Merrill Flood and Melvin Drescher): A thought experiment on reward and punishment.
· The Private Language Argument, “Beetle in a Box” (Ludwig Wittgenstein): A thought experiment on the nature of language.
· Mary’s Room, Knowledge Argument (Frank Jackson): A thought experiment on the nature of knowledge.
· The Chinese Room Argument (John Searle): A thought experiment about Artificial Intelligence.
· The Pleasure Machine, or Experience Machine (Robert Nozick): A thought experiment on the value of pleasure.
· The Utility Monster (Robert Nozick): A thought experiment that refutes ethical utilitarianism.
· The Trolley Problem (Philippa Foot): A thought experiment in personal ethics.
· Thomson’s Violinist (Judith Jarvis Thomson): A thought experiment on the defense of abortion.
· The Original Position (John Rawls): A thought experiment on the nature of society.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more