The average length of response should be a minimum of 8-10 sentences (about two paragraphs per each of the ten questions). Answers that consist solely of bullet points are not acceptable.
The attached file is the book: Communication at work
Keep the work nice and simple
CH 6 Principles of Interviewing (Communicating at Work)
1) How does interviewing differ from other types of interpersonal communication situations?
2) What are the five common categories of key questions asked during an employment interview? (Refer to Table 6-2; you don’t need to include “Other Topics”) .Explain why each of these categories is important to the interviewer and the company she/ he represents.
CH 9 Developing and Organizing the Presentation (Communicating at Work)
3) Explain why it is important to analyze the audience, yourself, and the occasion before you develop your presentation. Give specific examples for each to support your explanation.
4) Select two organizational patterns for informative speeches and two organizational patterns for persuasive speeches. Identify the key elements of each pattern. Provide an example of a topic that would lend itself well to each pattern.
CH 10 Verbal and Visual Support (Communicating at Work)
5) Identify three functions of supporting material in a presentation. Illustrate each function with an example and explain how the example you give supports the function. (15 points)
6) Select two types of verbal support and two types of visual support. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. How might cultural differences influence the use and effectiveness of these types of verbal and visual support? (Note: this last question is a “think” question; draw upon our previous discussions about cultural difference) (25 points)
CH 11 Delivering the Presentation (Communicating at Work). CH 7 What If They Ask You Something You Don’t Know (Simply Said)
7) What are the top three strategies you’d recommend for managing a question-and-answer period most effectively at the close of a presentation? Explain how you would use these strategies.
8)Discuss some of the common beliefs about delivering a presentation that contribute to speaker anxiety. What are the best strategies for dealing with speech anxiety? Why? (15 points)
CH 12 Types of Business Presentation (Communicating at Work).
9) Discuss the concept of credibility in Business presentations. What is it? Why is it especially important in persuasive speeches? How can you establish credibility in the eyes of your audience? What behaviors should you avoid because they might detract from your credibility?
APP II Business Writing (Communicating at Work) CH 11 Hit Send with Confidence (Simply Said)
10) Critique the email presented below. Drawing upon what we learned about effective emails, identify at least three weaknesses in the email and describe what you would do to correct those weaknesses.
TO: Branch Managers
FROM: Tobey Donneau, VP
I was concerned recently when a senior associate, who was working late told me she heard the front door of the branch open and she thought she heard a person enter. When she called out, the person apparently left, but she was really scared. This experience reminded me that office security is a topic we have not talked enough about. Why have you not shown any concern for this issue as branch managers?
I have been reminded that there are several things that each branch can do to improve security. Think about these things and we will talk more about this at our next quarterly meeting (June 8???). Please come with ideas.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more