STAT 2305 Project 2 — Regression AnalysisStarting Salary Case
Instructions: Use Excel to complete the following questions. Attach copies of the Excel pages
or embed the Excel work in your write-up.
Starting Salary (y in
thousands of dollars)
The marketing department at a large state university undertook a study to relate starting salary
(y) after graduation for marketing majors to grade point average (GPA) in major courses. To do
this, records of seven recent marketing graduates were randomly selected, and the data shown
above were obtained.
For this project, do the following:
1. Input the data into Excel
2. Create a scatter plot of the data points
3. Perform a linear regression analysis to determine the regression equation and the
coefficient of determination.
4. Plot the line of the regression equation on your scatter plot.
Respond in writing to the following:
1. Report the linear regression equation produced from Excel. (Display the scatterplot with
the regression line included)
2. What is the value of Pearson’s correlation coefficient r?
3. Is Pearson’s correlation coefficient r positive or negative? What does this imply about the
relationship between the factors in this study?
4. What is the implication of any correlation found between the variables in this analysis?
5. Does this correlation imply a causal relationship? Explain.
For this Project, you will submit a spreadsheet with Excel output and a written report.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more