1. Which of the indicated carbon-carbon bonds is shorter?
2. How many elements of unsaturation do molecules with a molecular formula of C8H4N2
3. Give the structures of three examples of molecules that have a molecular formula of
C6H8. One of the structures should have only one ring and one of the structures should
have no rings.
4. Provide an acceptable name for (CH3)2CHCH=C(CH3)CH2CH3.
5. Draw an acceptable structure for 4-phenylbut-1-ene.
6. Draw and name the six alkenes which have the molecular formula C5H10.
7. Does the alkene shown below violate Bredt’s rule?
8. Which is the more stable diene shown below? Briefly explain your answer.
9. Dehydrohalogenation of an alkyl halide by treating it with a strong base to yield an
alkene product typically occurs by what reaction mechanism?
E) free radical
10. Propose a synthesis to convert 2-butanol to butane.
11. Draw a mechanism and use a chair structure to explain the major product that is formed
in the reaction below.
12. Propose a detailed, step-by-step mechanism for the reaction pathway shown below.
13. Propose a detailed, step-by-step mechanism for the reaction pathway shown below.
14. Predict the major product of the following reaction.
Based on the relative stabilities of the intermediates involved, explain the basis for
Markovinkov’s rule in the addition of hydrogen halides to alkenes.
Draw the major organic product generated in the reaction below. Pay particular
attention to regio- and stereochemical detail.
17. Treatment of cyclopentene with peroxybenzoic acid ________.
18. Provide the IUPAC name for the compound below.
19. Complete the following reaction sequences below by filling-in the missing reagents
20. Complete the following reaction by filling in the necessary reagents.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more